Science ABC started with the sole objective of communicating the complexity of science without all the jargon. We believe that science is extremely exciting and fascinating and our classroom science often does that injustice and bores us. When we started in 2015, we wanted to make readers find awe-inspiring science in the little things. We’re still questioning the world around us and writing about it, and that’s the kind of writing we publish. We started this website in 2015 with an objective to educate people while keeping the fun of learning intact. We pick up topics that generate curiosity and try to answer those with proper science concepts. We get about 1.5 million visitors on the website in a month, mostly from the US followed by India, Australia, UK. We also have a YouTube Channel where we create animated videos of some of the concepts. The main idea is to keep it simple and help people learn some science while reading or watching a video. We are looking for people with a science background, interested in working as a Freelance Science Writer with us.
About the Job
Selected candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Conduct research regarding interesting concepts and facts related to science through various online resources, studies, and by doing interviews with scientists. The research has to be done with proper scientific rigor.
- Write comprehensive, well-researched, and easy-to-understand science articles which an average person can easily understand. Please note: we try to write in a way that can easily be used to explain it to a 5th grader.
- Provide proper scientific references for the information.
- Coordinate with the design team to get illustrations for the articles
- Think creatively and come up with new and interesting content ideas.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone of articles)
- Proficiency in writing in English
- An undergraduate degree in any of the Sciences or Math
- To research, read, and come up with interesting and engaging topics to write on.
- Experience with Content Management systems (e.g. WordPress) is preferred but not required.
We work on both pay per article and pay per word modes. Payout and the payment model will depend on the experience that the person brings on board. Our payouts are done twice a month on the 15th and the last working day of the month.
Send us a short write-up on why you want to write for ScienceABC and your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re selected, we’ll ask you to write a sample article based on which we’ll shortlist you for a personal interview.